This is the Ireland you’ve always imagined: pub-lined streets, lush emerald countryside, historic castles and cathedrals, and more lakes and lochs than you can count. So whether you’re Irish to your core or only on March 17, there’s plenty of good craic to go around.
In a sorority? Bond with your sisters on an adventure of a lifetime. Learn how to earn free travel
Sipping a freshly-brewed pint at the Guinness Brewhouse
Kissing the Blarney Stone to score the gift of gab
Connecting with nature throughout the Ring of Kerry
Pub crawling along Quay Street in Galway
Searching for puffins high atop the Cliffs of Moher
What you'll get
Round-trip flights & airport transfers
7 nights in handpicked accommodations
7 breakfasts and 2 dinners
Expert Tour Director
24/7 support from our travel gurus
Insider city tours with local guide
Guinness Storehouse tour and free pint
Guided tour of St. Patrick’s Cathedral
Stop at the world-famous Cliffs of Moher
- Day 1: Overnight Flight
Find your seat, pick a movie, and then try to get a wee bit of shuteye. The majesty and raw beauty of Ireland awaits.
- Day 2: Arrive in Dublin + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Dublin, the capital of Ireland! Once you arrive and drop your bags off at the accommodation, take a stroll to St. Stephen’s Green, Grafton Street, and Temple bar, where pub culture, literary history, and all-around charm await.
In the evening, enjoy a Welcome Dinner of local cuisine and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, you’re free to take the party elsewhere!
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
- Day 3: Sightseeing in Dublin
Today, see the best Dublin has to offer with a local guide on a tour of the city. Afterwards, enjoy a free afternoon in this bayside Irish capital.
- Visit the Guinness Storehouse for a crash course in the history of Ireland’s signature beer. Then, let it all soak in high above Dublin with pints at Gravity Bar.
- Enter St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the 800-year-old church named after the famous saint.
- Pass by Trinity College, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities, home to the storied library that inspired Hogwarts’ own.
- Sample Dublin’s natural beauty and urban escape at Phoenix Park—the largest park in Europe.
Free time suggestions
Book of Kells: Stick around Trinity College after your tour for a chance to see the Book of Kells—a pristine 1,200-year old illustrated collection of biblical stories—up-close.
Jameson Distillery: Sick of stout? Switch things up in favor of the strong stuff with a guided tour and whiskey tasting at the Jameson Distillery Bow St.
- Day 4: Explore Kilkenny
Continue by bus to Kilkenny a small city full of Irish charm, medieval architecture, and the most iconic ale in the country. Get ready to eat, drink, drink again, and be very merry.
- Watch the emerald hills roll along as you head from city to countryside.
- Arrive in Kilkenny and check in to your accommodation.
- Join a local guide for a walking tour of Kilkenny and "The Medieval Mile,” featuring 14th-century castles, inns, and towers.
- Raise a glass of Smithwick’s, Ireland’s best red ale that has been brewed since 1710.
Free time suggestions
Kilkenny Design Centre: Buy yourself something nice at the Kilkenny Design Centre. Here you can find handcrafted, artisanal gifts from all over the country. It’s like Etsy, but you can touch stuff before you buy.
Bridie's General Store: From the outside, Bridie’s General Store looks like an old-fashioned store to buy groceries or souvenirs. And it is. But continue to the back and find a full service pub (indoor and outdoor seating). Talk about a winning combination.
Kilkenny Castle: We promised you medieval architecture, and Kilkenny Castle delivered. Originally built in 1195, the castle has had a full makeover, and is open to the public for guided tours of its stunning interior and gardens.
- Day 5: Travel to County Kerry via Blarney Castle
Shamrock shake things up as you leave Kilkenny behind for the quintessential Irish countryside of County Kerry’s rolling hills, tranquil lakes, and plenty of sheep. On the way, stop at the famed Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone.
- Board your private bus from Kilkenny to County Kerry, taking in the pristine Irish countryside along the way.
- Stretch your legs—and your lips—at Blarney Castle. Legend has it that those who smooch the namesake stone are bestowed with that iconic Irish charm: the gift of gab.
- Continue on to County Kerry and enjoy some free time to hit the pubs in the evening.
Free time suggestions
County Kerry Pubs: County Kerry is known for its raucous pub scene. Locals and visitors alike drink and sing with the bar band well into the wee hours of morning.
Irish Cuisine: The Irish know comfort food. Try the shepherd’s pie, corned beef & cabbage, or Guinness beef stew.
- Day 6: Explore the Ring of Kerry
Clear your camera roll and prepare to become Instagram famous as you traverse the must-see Ring of Kerry, stopping at each amazing panoramic vista, castle, or ocean view.
- Encounter magnificent views of the Atlantic Ocean, the Lakes of Killarney, Macgillycuddy’s Reeks, and more.
- Pick your jaw off the floor after a day of unreal views, and head back to County Kerry for some nighttime free time.
Free time suggestions
Irish Whiskey Experience: The Irish Whiskey Experience in Killarney is the perfect masterclass for aficionados and new-comers alike. Buy a ticket and sign up for a class of your choice—from taste-testings to cheese plate pairings.
Killarney National Park: Need more outdoors time? Take visit to the wondrous expanse of Killarney National Park. Where else can you find mountains, castles, woodlands, and waterfalls all in one place?
- Day 7: Travel to Galway via the Cliffs of Moher
You’re off to Galway, a city famous for live music, street performers, and art shows. On the way, stop at the Cliffs of Moher for breathtaking views of the coastline.
- Gawk at the Cliffs of Moher—limestone walls of rock that dominate the coast for five miles and rise to staggering heights of 700 feet
- Arrive in beautiful Galway and take it all in on a walk along the banks of the River Corrib, gaze at the picture perfect Galway Bay, then get stoked for a night out in a new town.
Free time suggestions
Quay Street: Quay Street is a pub-crawler’s heaven. Pick a starting point, have a pint, and see where it takes you.
Buskers: Busking, or street performing, is basically Galway’s favorite pastime. Catch the best fiddle player you’ve ever seen on one corner, and a blazing banjoist on the next.
- Day 8: Free Day in Galway or Optional Aran Islands Excursion
Raise your glass, here’s to one more rowdy day in the British Isles! We know you’ll make it count. Before heading out for the day, take a moment to reflect on all the Guinness, rolling meadows, hearty food, and craic you’ve had. Ready? Go make some memories!
Free time suggestions
Eyre Square: The end of the rainbow in Galway leads to Eyre Square—a bustling center of shops, cafes, and art, though no known pot of gold sightings—yet.
Irish Coffee: Vodka Red Bull’s Irish cousin packs a caffeinated punch of coffee, whiskey, and Bailey’s. Please enjoy responsibly.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Afternoon on the Aran Islands (extra cost)
Take a ferry ride to the Aran Islands, where old traditions and iconic Irish countryside are hanging on strong. Don't miss Dún Aengus, a 2,000-year-old fort with walls that go right to the edge of a cliff high above the sea.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
- Day 9: Fly Home
Slán libh, a cháirde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Before you head from Galway the airport in Dublin, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
Traveling with us helps the EF community plant trees, at no extra cost to you.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5
Based on 475 authentic traveler reviews
Don’t think twice, book this trip now!Anonymous, traveled Jun.. 2019
I absolutely fell in love with Ireland, this trip was the perfect balance between “city” life in Dublin, “rural” in Killarney and Kerry, and “the pub feel” in Galway. The itinerary is perfect for someone who can’t take more than a week of work off and wants to get the most for their money and not feel rushed on a tour. I left a piece of my heart there and I... See more
Ireland is great Craic!Alana, traveled Jun.. 2022
The grand tour of Ireland Trip was amazing. My tour director diarmuid was great. He showed us all the best places. The trip had a great balance of planned things and free time. I found myself saying this feels like a dream on our tours of the national parks, ring of Kerry and the cliffs of moher because the scenery of Ireland is so beautiful. The pubs are fu... See more
fast-paced and funAnonymous, traveled Jun.. 2022
I had a wonderful time in Ireland. This definitely wasn’t a slow-paced tour by any means, but I also felt that it wasn’t incredibly rushed. The amount of things I got to experience was pretty amazing, and our tour director Tom made sure to give us a variety of diverse experiences throughout the tour. I was impressed by how knowledgeable he was. I definitely ... See more
One of the Best Trips you Can do!Madison, traveled Jun.. 2022
I have never traveled outside the country before and this trip was the best trip I have ever been on! Our tour guide knew all the best spots to go and was able to recommend some of the best activities! There were plenty of opportunities to rest if needed to recover from jet lag as well. But there was so much to do and enjoy every single day, I absolutely lov... See more